I love laughing until my cheeks hurt.

This weekend was so much fun! On Friday, Mom and Charlotte came to Winston for a doctor’s appointment, so we went to lunch at Chipotle – YUM. It was Charlotte’s last night in Mt. Airy and we were all going to Chapel Hill on Saturday to take her back. I was just going along for the ride. I thought about going home on Friday night to hang out with C and make dinner for everyone. But then Kelly, a new YL leader at Reynolds, texted me and asked if I wanted to go to the Reynolds/Mt. Tabor basketball game that night (they’re rivals). I do Club with Reynolds, so I thought it would be a neat opportunity to see some kids there and possibly take some girls from school. I had three sophomore girls in mind that are here for Jan term and that I’ve been spending time with. So, I just couldn’t pass up the contact work opportunity. I told the fam I was staying home and that I’d see them tomorrow.

The girls I wanted to take weren’t at dinner and I was worried I wouldn’t find them. I would have gone to the game anyway, but I really wanted to take them. I mean, how often does a boarding student at an all-girl’s school get to go to a regular high school basketball game? As I was walking back from dinner, I ran into the three girls, all dressed up ready to go somewhere. I was so excited! I asked them what they were up to and they were just planning on going to dinner somewhere. I asked if they wanted to go to the game and they enthusiastically agreed. I thought, that was easy!

I took them to dinner at Chili’s and then got to the game in the 3rd quarter. It was a blast. The Reynolds kids were dressed up as cowboy’s and indians and the Tabor kids were in all white. It was a close, exciting game and I just had so much fun laughing and talking with the girls. We sat with Kelly and another new leader, Catherine, in the parent’s section…next time, we’ll be in the student section, for sure. Just needed to be there a little earlier.

Anyway, I got to see some Reynolds girls I knew, who we took to camp, which was awesome. After the game, the girls and I went to Starbucks and then drove back to school listening to music loudly in the car and singing at the top of our lungs (that was challenge after going hoarse screaming at the game). We were laughing so hard and it just did my heart a world of good. I thought – this is living. This is why I do this. I’m so glad I decided to stay that night.

The next day I went to Chapel Hill with the fam, after Dad and I picked up my new guitar in Greensboro – wahoooooo!!! It was so great – Jill was there too. M & D went back home that afternoon and the sisters spent the night at Emma’s. I had to leave the next morning because I was on duty Sunday afternoon, but I’m glad I got to hang out for a little bit. I was tired on Sunday night, but I had promised the same girls from Friday night I’d take them to IHOP that night. We’re going to start a tradition and call it Sophomore Sundays. 🙂

I was tired after the weekend, but my heart was full. The Lord is good. I’m so glad I’m here.

Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Post navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: